Here’s a selection of the websites we’ve found most useful. If you think we’ve missed something do please let us know and we’ll add the site.
- Listentosicily.it online guide to the area in Italian, English, Spanish, French and German
- RAI’s Inspector Montalbano home page and Italy Magazine’s article on the televised series of Inspector Montalbano and its important locations for fans visiting the area
- Associazione Guide Turistiche della Provincia di Ragusa (Italian only)
- Instituto Nazionale della Drama Antico guide to events in the amphitheatre at Siracusa
- Modicasa vacation rentals and English-speaking estate agency
- The Commune of Modica’s official website
- Michaela Sanda’s Slideshow of Chiesa di San Giorgio
- TripAdvisor’s review of Modica’s restaurants
- La Contea. Our excellent local pizzeria and renowned in Modica as the best of the best in the face of some very serious competition.
- Via Clemente Grimaldi, 17, 97015 Modica. TripAdvisor
- La Gazza Ladra. The top end of Modica cuisine. Amazing.
- Via Blandini, 5, 97015 Modica TripAdvisor
- Osteria dei Sapori Perduti. Authentic Sicilian cuisine. Multilingual menus.
- Corso Umberto I, 228, 97015 Modica Tripadvisor
- A Putia ro vinu. Another authentic Sicilian dining experience.
- Via Pisacane , 34, Modica. TripAdvisor
- Bella Napoli. Another great pizzeria.
- Via Arancitello 6, Modica. TripAdvisor
- La Perla. Yet another great pizzeria. Inside tables can be cramped off season.
- Via Giardina, 4, 97015 Modica. TripAdvisor
- Rosticceria Piccolo Bar. Try an authentic Sicilian scacce, or arancino. No English spoken but the owners are incredibly helpful and friendly. If you have some basic Italian you’ll be fine.
- Piazza Giacomo Matteitti, Modica
- Not strictly a dining experience, but Modica’s most famous family-run confectioners L’Antica Dolceria Bonajuto. English version of the website. Visit the website for more information on Modica’s unique and delicious chocolate. Not to be missed.
- Corso Umberto Io n.159, Modica. TripAdvisor